Saturday, August 15, 2015

Real Maine Weddings

Wedding Buoy Favors for a Real Maine Wedding.



Each year Real Maine Weddings Magazine hosts an amazing contest for one lucky couple to win their Dream Wedding.   They pick a different location each year, showcasing all the amazing diversity that our magnificent State offers.  This year's Real Maine Wedding 2015  will be held in beautiful midcoast Maine.  I few months ago, I met the with winning couple, Christina & Luke, to design their buoys.  I painted a whole bunch of samples for them to pick from.  We narrowed it down to four designs and after a bit of tweaking, these are the final buoys they will be giving their guests on October 16, 2015.
   
I painted 100 custom buoy favors for their guests.

Blue Lobsters

 Traditional Red Lobsters

 State of Maine

Longitude & Latitude
 On one side of the buoy, the longitude and latitude represents where their first Wedding journey began, at the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse, where Luke proposed to Christina. On the other side of the buoy, is the location of an even greater journey,  at the Camden Amphitheater, where they will make their wedding vows, witnessed by cherished family and friends.  The nautical flags represent the first letter of their names.


I paint your memories.  I love what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment